Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Teacher Inquiry

As a member of the South Mississippi Writing Project Inquiry Institute, I will be conducting a research project in my classroom throughout the upcoming school year.  While pondering possible inquiry topics,  I recalled that I spent a great deal of time frustrated with differentiated instruction last year.  I had a class with a huge range of ability and interest levels.  My class contained the student who refused to read aloud and the student who read Jane Eyre for fun.
There is a great deal of information and research available on differentiated instruction for elementary classes; however, information for differentiated instruction in high school is limited. After seeing a need for more information in this area, I have chosen to research differentiated instruction in secondary language arts.    

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of differentiated instruction in high school. Can't wait to read your posts when school starts again.

    ReplyDelete